Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Dresser to TV stand




Our old TV stand is wide and black and pretty modern looking. It didn't fit style or size in our new place. So of course I start watching craigslist for something I like. I come across this listed as a tv stand...
Before

I was looking at overall feel and did not even think notice this had drawers until I got it home. Don't ask me what I was thinking! So of course I got online and did a quick search of dresser tv stands and saw quite a few examples and knew I could make this work. 

I took the top drawer out, removed the rail, and used a hole saw to cut a hole in the back for wires. 
I was lucky that the thing the drawer was sitting on was a sturdy piece of wood so I didn't have to add anything there. Some projects I saw online had to cut plywood to fit there. 

I painted the it with white chalk paint, then did a clear and dark wax the same as I did for the coffee table (a glaze). I really like applying the dark wax as a glaze and just painting it on. It gives an overall old feeling and depth to the piece. It really makes the details stand out.

After

Now to put the TV and stuff back on it. I personally rarely watch tv so I don't even notice it's not put together but Wolf likes to relax in front of a show at night and he's been relegated to his laptop recently. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely blog with us, i really appreciated to blogger, for wonderful sharing…

    how to measure a tv stand

    ReplyDelete