Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Cow!

Ok, so of course right after I post that the cow is on hold, I'm perusing the Farm ads on craigslist and up pops an ad for the type of cow we want (they are hard to find). The lady has 2 cows that are both pregnant. She is asking a good price for them. In fact it is what I had hoped to pay but lately I'd been seeing them for more than triple that price (one reason I thought it was on hold). Alanna and I went to meet them today and loved the 3 year old. She was so sweet. All of her cows just hung out around us letting us scratch them, even her bull. This cow has never been milked but she let me touch her teats and just turned around to look at me. I think she'll do well with a little practice. And finding a pregnant one is awesome! That means we'll be in milk in a couple short months! :) I won't be picking her up for at least a week and only if the ground has dried out more. I got stuck in the lady's driveway today! lol I will post a pic of her when we get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment