Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Garden 2013

We moved into our new house in April. We picked the house strictly for the size of the yard (though it had the benefit of having the best floor plan of all the houses we looked at). I was excited to get a garden started but didn't have a ton of time and our first priority was getting the chickens set up.

First we painted the ground to plan out the boxes.
It was a lot of work moving all the rock where the boxes would go!
We built the fence around the garden to keep the dogs out. I need a better watering system this year. Unfortunately our water spigot is way on the other side of the yard.

 

We only got 4 boxes planted and I didn't get enough dirt in the boxes we did plant. Something I'll remedy soon.

Even though the dirt wasn't the best we got pretty good crop. Here is Sky helping herself to my lettuce. Next season I'll be putting bird netting over each bed using the PVC pipes like those shown here.

 Tomatillo growing

carrots that I let go to seed. and some zucchini on the right

Potatoes

Winter squash

Delicata squash

Our squashes



Great white tomato and chocolate tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment