Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Pickled eggs

UPDATE below

Our family LOVES deviled eggs. We like them extra vinegary. In fact we serve them with a small bowl full of vinegar and dropper so each person can squirt to their heart's content on their egg before eating. So pickled eggs sounded like something we might like. I haven't brought myself to try them yet since Wolf likes them a little spicy. He has made 4-5 jars of them so far, always tweaking with the recipe.
He has found that our little bantam eggs work best for this since they fit in the jar so well and they are bite size. Anytime we build up a dozen I boil them for him and he pickles them. Today I'm going to make them for him as a surprise so he can think of me as I'm traveling this week.
I found this recipe for spicy pickled eggs I'm going to try.  http://www.thereallygoodlife.com/574/spicy-pickled-eggs-recipe/
The only tweak I did was to add a couple garlic cloves to the jar.
This recipe varied from others he's tried by not adding any water.
Hope wolf likes them!

UPDATE: Wolf just dug into these. He said they are good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Would love to have you share your posts with us on The HomeAcre Hop on Thursdays!

    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/

    ReplyDelete