Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Shooting

I've shot handguns multiple times but today I shot my first rifle larger than a .22. I was very nervous. I see how much those things kick and was afraid for my shoulder. I'm on the smaller side as far as frames go.
Wolf showed me how to load and aim and fired it first so I could watch. I could see his whole body jump back and he's much bigger than me so that scared me even more. He said he could barely feel it. He showed me where to put it on my shoulder so it wouldn't hurt my bone. I was shaking as I sat there. I gathered up my courage and pulled the trigger.... the gun jumped of course but I didn't feel it on my shoulder at all. It pushed me back but it felt like someone coming up, putting their hand on you, then pushing you. Nothing to worry about at all! I feel much better now about shooting rifles. Still not ready to shoot a shotgun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment