Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Purse

I finished my purse! I have never sewed anything substantial like this so I was a little nervous. First step was to fix my grandmother's sewing machine. The tension knob didn't adjust the tension anymore. It seemed to be missing a piece when I took it apart to try to figure out why it wasn't working. I found a replacement tension assembly, threw it on, and the machine works like new again.
I spent a boring plane ride making a lot of sketches of the shape, pockets, and compartments that I wanted. Then I used some extra fabric to make a test purse. I learned a lot with my test purse and was really glad I made it. I took notes so I wouldn't forget what I learned and it's a good thing I did because by the time I got back to making the real thing I had totally forgotten everything.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Only issue has been the pocket I use the most came unstitched. But once I get around to redoing it the purse will be great. The concealed carry compartment works great. It keeps my gun easily accessible but separate from all the other stuff. And you can't even tell I'm carrying. :)

The front - I use the small zippered pocket for my phone and most frequently used bank card.
The Back

Inside the concealed carry pocket
Inside the main pocket, note the zipper on the right, that leads to a deep pocket wide enough for a tablet (just in case I someday get one)

No comments:

Post a Comment